The designer series edition printer is the same unit as the SP4900HDR Model with the exception of being a choice for the graphic arts profesional. Optional ‘Designer Edition’ Bundle Featuring an EFI™ eXpress RIP – True Adobe® Postscript® 3 and PDF Print Engine 2.0 compatible – Complete Pantone and custom spot color support – Fully compatible with latest Adobe Creative Suites – The perfect printing workflow for contract-quality color proofing and designer comps – Being certified by the IDEAlliance® for GRACol® Coated #1, SWOP® Coated #3, and SWOP Coated #5 – Both Apple Macintosh OS X and Microsoft Windows 7 Compatible Product Overview It was only a matter of time before Epson engineers found a way to push ink jet technology to the next level. By incorporating the most advanced technologies Epson has to offer, this could possibly be the most advanced photographic printer ever developed.
Epson Stylus® Pro 4900
Welcome to your next generation.
- Epson high-precision ten-channel MicroPiezo TFP print head for extreme print performance
- Epson UltraChrome HDR Ink, now utilizing ten colors — including an all-new orange and green
- SpectroProofer 17, developed jointly with X-Rite, can automate virtually any color management process in your workflow
- Automatic black ink mode switching can quickly and efficiently optimize the black ink density for your print
- Automatic roll and cut sheet feeding, the ideal system when you require automated prints across two different paper types and or sizes.
- Advanced black and white printing technology produces professional black-and-white prints from color or grayscale image files
- AccuPhoto HDR screening redefines photographic accuracy, color, and clarity
- Commercial and flexographic proofing for quite possibly the highest quality proofing system available today
Unique Print Head Technology
High-Precision Ten-Channel Epson MicroPiezo TFP Print Head
• Thin Film Piezo (TFP) print head design capable of handling ten separate ink channels
• One-inch wide, high performance print head with 360 nozzles per channel
• Auto-sharing black ink channel technology
• Low vibration meniscus control for highly accurate dot shape and placement
• Ink-repelling coating for dramatically reduced nozzle clogging
• Produces variable-sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliters to greatly decrease print
times while optimizing photographic quality
Link to Brochure